Any experienced travel will have a travel accessory that they couldn’t live without, I have decided it was time that someone made a list of the seven most vital travel accessories in the hope that your travels will be more organised, safer, and more memorable.
1. Money Belt: They come in an incredible number of shapes and sizes and not all of them are actually belts! But as far as travel accessories go you will not find any that are more important. Keep your cash, your passport and your life safe and store your valuables in your money belt.
2. Packing Cubes: When travelling you are most likely living out of a suitcase, and not being able to find your camera or your iPod because its lost in your luggage is a problem that you should have on holiday. Packing cubes allow you to stay organised and will mean that you need less time for packing and allow more time for partying.
3. TSA Locks: As far as travel accessories go, they don’t get more important than your luggage locks. Unfortunately since 9/11 customs officials in various countries now require access to your luggage at all times, and that means that traditional locks just get cut off. But the TSA locks are approved by the travel authorities and can be opened by customs officials without destroying your locks.
4. Travel Pillow: Most people will say that good neck or back pillow is their most vital travel accessory. Anyone that has been on a 14 hour flight from Melbourne to LA will understand exactly what I mean. Having a sore neck or back can really affect the way that you enjoy your holiday, so think about your comfort when you fly.
5. Pressure Reducing Ear Plugs: This is not a travel accessory for everyone, but for people that have had top fly with an ear infection, perforated ear drum, or even just the common cold will know how painful the change in air pressure can be. These earplugs will control the speed of the pressure change in your ears and as a result reduce discomfort and pain.
6. Luggage Tags: This is the most simple and probably the cheapest of all travel accessories, but if you eve loose your luggage you will thank your lucky stars that you got some.
7. Travel Adaptor: The annoyance of not being able to charge your phone, iPod or digital camera while on holidays is avoided with this handy travel accessory. But make sure that you get the right plug for the country that you are going to; any good travel accessory website will give you a run down of what plug you need for what country.
Travel accessories are there to improve your trip and help you get on with having the time of your life in a safe, comfortable and organised way. Find the ones that best meet your needs and never leave home without them.